Cabrini health service and community benefit report releasedDate: 30/10/2012
The Cabrini health service and community benefit report 2010-11 is now available. It outlines Cabrini’s achievements and activities and incorporates the organisation’s community benefit report. It may be accessed here. Highlights during 2010-11 included:
- A record number of births at Cabrini Malvern with 1771 babies delivered
- 23,445 attendances at Cabrini’s emergency department
- 44,617 surgical operations performed
- Awarded contract for Victoria’s statewide equipment program servicing 130,000 disability aids in use throughout Victoria
- Introduction of Cabrini’s first patient and family register enabling community members can be involved in planning and evaluating our health services
- Continued growth across the health service with increases in episodes of inpatient care, emergency admissions, surgical operations carried out, diagnostic services and the number of people receiving rehabilitation services
- Cabrini Brighton marked ten years of service to the community
- Achieved extensive achievement rating for ‘care of the dying’ in 2011 Australian Council on Healthcare Standards survey
“While all our services are designed to deliver public benefit, our community benefit program seeks to make visible our commitment to be a good corporate citizen beyond the general expectation of a private health care service,” said Chief Executive Dr Michael Walsh.
“Currently Cabrini and our staff support 53 community projects in Australia and overseas with $2.347 invested in 2011-12, as well as in-kind activity and thousands of hours of unpaid volunteer service – it is pleasing that one in five staff is directly involved in our social outreach program,” he said.
About Cabrini Health
Cabrini is a Catholic, private, not-for-profit health service in Melbourne. Founded in 1948, it is owned by the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We have 4056 staff, 190 volunteers, 1200 specialist doctors and 832 inpatient beds. Our services span aged care, cancer care, cardiac services, children’s care, emergency medicine, health promotion, home- and community-based care maternity services, palliative care, rehabilitation, research and education.
For interviews/media enquiries contact: Jackie Meiers (03) 9508 1915 or Christine Elmer (03) 9508 1216