How does it work?
The first part of the health assessment begins with a confidential, online questionnaire about your medical and family history. Your will then be asked to pay and book a time and date for your tests.
All your tests and a medical consultation will be conducted in one morning and you will be sent full instructions.
On arrival at Cabrini Malvern, you will be greeted by your own personal concierge who will escort you to and from your various tests.
Your health check will begin with a comprehensive range of blood and imaging tests.
What tests will I undergo?
Full blood test – to include:
- Haemoglobin, white cells, platelets, fasting glucose, calcium phosphate and vitamin D
- Liver and kidney function
- Uric acid
- Cholesterol (HDL, LDL and triglycerides)
- Ferritin (iron)
- Thyroid function
- PSA (prostate)
Faecal blood test
Oral health check
Eye health (glaucoma and macular disease)
Height and weight
Depending on your age and symptoms, the following tests may be included in the assessment:
- Prostate examination (men) – if you are over the age of 50 and have not had a test in two years
- Pap smear (women) – if you have not had a test in three years
- Mammogram and breast ultrasound (women) – if you are over the age of 40 and have not had a test in two years
Once your tests are completed, you are welcome to enjoy complimentary refreshments or a light meal at the Terrace Café, located on the ground floor of the hospital, or in the privacy of the clinical consulting suite. Major daily newspapers, magazines and WiFi are provided free of charge.
Cabrini will provide you with full information to determine whether you need further investigations and treatment. If further tests are required, the decision will rest with you, however you can be referred to one of our many expert specialists if needed.
At Cabrini, you gain a healthcare partner not just for a day, but for a lifetime.
The health check offers different programs. On completion of the online Health Pre-assessment Questionaire, you will be provided with a customised quote for your specific needs. Please call our team on 03 9508 1930 to discuss he best program for your needs.
We offer a discount for couples or groups. However, tests will be performed separately.
If you cannot make the appointment please notify us on 03 9508 1930 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
A cancellation fee will apply as appointment times have been allocated in various departments and the doctor has been booked.
- 8 – 15 business days before your appointment: $500 or no charge if you book another appointment at the time of your cancellation.
- 3 – 7 days: $1,000 or no charge if you book another appointment at the time of your cancellation 72 hours: $1500 or no charge if you book another appointment at the time of your cancellation
- 48 hours: 100 per cent or 50 per cent if you book another appointment at the time of your cancellation.
The fee will be waived only in exceptional circumstances.