As the first pathology laboratory established in a Victorian private hospital in 1958, Cabrini Pathology now employs 110 staff, either working within the laboratory or as part of the collection service.
Our primary focus is the provision of a quality diagnostic service to Cabrini inpatients and on-site consultants, with the laboratory providing expertise in Biochemistry, Blood Bank Serology, Cytology, Haematology, Histology, Immunology, Microbiology and Serology.
Cabrini Pathology continues to be owned and operated by Cabrini and makes a significant financial contribution to the revenue of Cabrini Health which is then reinvested in patient services and facilities. For the last 30 years the laboratory service has also been supported by Melbourne Pathology through a management agreement that provides pathologist supervision and computer services.
Cabrini Pathology’s laboratory service includes:
- On-site routine and emergency diagnostic testing for inpatients and outpatients
- All areas of pathology testing
- Rapid turnaround time for most routine pathology results
- Direct clinical consultations available for interpretation and advice on results
General services include:
- Pathology services to all Cabrini campuses
- Results available in a range of formats including electronic download and fax
- Home visiting service for specimen collection
- Pre-operative testing up to 28 days prior to surgery