Social workers are an integral part of the treating team at Cabrini and available across all of our campuses to assist patients and their families with their psychological, emotional and practical needs while undergoing treatment or participating in our education programs.
We provide a wide variety of social work services which can include:
- Individual and family counselling, support with adjustment to illness, grief, anxiety, depression and matters of concern that affect the patient’s recovery, including lifestyle changes.
- Assistance with self-management regarding social and health related issues that may cause conflict and family relationship tension/s.
- Referral and information to community services which may help to maintain independence in the community.
- Provision of resources to assist with returning home.
- Planning for future care including accommodation, as well as, financial and legal matters when required.